Tuesday 15 April 2014

Quilted tea cozy for a cause


The lovely ladies of the Northern Artery Arts Collective have a wonderful fundraiser planned for next month. The group is putting on a tea party event on 17 May and will be auctioning off tea cozies made by local artisans to raise funds and awareness for the Otago Community Hospice.

My contribution to the auction should stand out - I hope! Who doesn't love a little bright neon pink?!?! I used a soft grey oakshott cotton on the outside and lined it in a fairly heavy weight neon pink fabric. The original plan was to do a little freestyle cross-stitch design on one side, but I had to abandon that idea when I couldn't find the right colour of embroidery floss. It totally turned out to be a good thing, because I am in love with plan B! I marked out a few random straight lines in chalk and stitched over them in neon pink thread. I love, love, love the finished look even though it wasn't at all what I was aiming for when I started.

I don't know the exact when and where of the auction next month, but I'll surely post the info on the Milkybeer Handmade Facebook page once I get the details.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...