Monday 21 February 2011

Adventures in babysitting

Remember that movie? No? Well, perhaps some things are best left in the 80s.

Cheeseball movies aside, this past weekend, I got just a taste of life with two kids when I babysat my niece, Maryn...solo. I gotta tell you, there's nothing cuter than seeing two cousins go absolutely nuts-o at the sight of each other. Seriously, if you could somehow capture all that excitement, the world's energy crisis would be resolved.

Abner was eager to show her little cousin (by five weeks) how to draw the letter A. Daycare Lady taught her a few weeks ago and now we have As on every piece of paper in the house!



A reasonable attempt was made at putting the girls down for a nap. To no one's surprise, the attempt failed miserably. On the bright side, Abner was asleep by 6:30 that night! Woohoo!


Drawing seemed to be the activity of choice that day - more for me than them though, as they had me drawing items on demand including: a house, a building, rainbows, a choo-choo train, and my personal fave...a dancing chair with a seat belt (!?!?!??)


There was even a bit of dress up involved when they decided to put on each others winter hats and mitts. Pretty damn adorable, if you ask me.


With a pair of girls as sweet as this, I'm up for babysitting anytime!

2 comments:

  1. so sweet...looks like they had a great time together@:D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like fun -- much better than getting a flat tire, fighting gangs on the subway, and swinging your charges from skyscrapers. We loved that movie when I was a kid.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...