Wednesday 22 December 2010

What I did with the Christmas fabric

Santa sacks! As much as I love gift wrapping, I really struggle with the notion of wrapping something up just for the sake of having something to unwrap. When I saw the delightful bags my new friend Lou made for her family, I knew I'd struck upon a solution to my dilemma.

I used the Christmas fabric I posted about before to create these monogrammed bags; one for each member of the family.


An "A" for Abner,


"K" for me,


 and  "S" for The Dear Sweet Husband (What? You thought I'd give him a "T"?)


For my first attempt at applique, I'm really, really, really happy with the result. Fusible web is my new favourite sewing item (I may even like it more than my magnetic seam guide, I like it that much!)


Each bag is trimmed in a coordinating grosgrain ribbon and closes with a simple little drawstring to keep prying eyes out until Christmas morning (yeah, like a drawstring is going to keep me from snooping!)


I boxed the bottom so that each bag could hold a lot of stuff. Seriously, I think you could pretty much fit a small bike into one of these bags! I have a lot of the pretty Christmas fabric left over, so I'm going to work on a matching tree skirt for next year. For now, I just have to get through the rest of my sewing projects for this Christmas!

3 comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...