- No, I cannot pick you up; my hands are full.
- Please, use your fork, not your hands.
- I can't understand you; please take your hand out of your mouth when you're talking.
- Tell mommy before you have to pee, not after.
- It's time for bed, now close your eyes and go to sleep.
- No honey, you can't sleep in the big bed with mommy and daddy.
- You don't have to like it, you just need to try it.
- Hold my hand, we're in a busy parking lot.
- Please don't grab things off the counter.
- Honey, sometimes when people are in the bathroom, they want a little privacy.
- The tag goes in the back, not the front.
- Try again honey, your arm goes through the arm hole, not the neck hole.
Tuesday, 9 November 2010
Give me strength. I repeat. Give me strength.
Dear Lord, give me strength to repeat myself the six million more times it will apparently take to get my child to learn these lessons I am trying to teach her... 'cause I gotta say, the first eight million times haven't worked so well.