Wednesday 4 March 2009

It's an ETSY Extravaganza!

If you haven't heard of Etsy yet, you need to check it out. In their own words [and mine]...
Etsy is an online marketplace for buying & selling all things handmade. [and a fabulous one at that!]

Our mission is to enable people to make a living making things, and to reconnect makers with buyers. [you know...like the way things used to be]

Our vision is to build a new economy and present a better choice: Buy, Sell, and Live Handmade. [take that Walmart!]
I often spend hours playing around on Etsy soaking up its creative vibes and occasionally buying things. This powerful little site lets you browse the old fashioned way (that would be by key words), but also by colour, location, novelty, gift worthiness, heck -- even by the vendor's birthday!

I've been planning to do a post about what I would sell if I had an Etsy shop, but that will have to wait for a later day, 'cause the purpose of this Etsy post is to tell you about A Spring Fling with Etsy.

Some local (as in Vancouver or thereabouts) Etsians have banded together to put on a craft fair and the most exciting part is one of my friends will be there! Regular readers of my blog are probably familiar with my friend Miranda ('cause let's face it, I know several of you read both of our blogs), but you may not know that she recently launched her very own, very cool Etsy shop called Hudsonny. If you're not the online shopping type, you can check her, and her fellow Etsians out at:



A Spring Fling with Etsy
Saturday, March 21st
11-5pm
Cambrian Welsch Hall
215 East 17th Avenue (just off Main Street)
Vancouver

I'm planning to be there too -- to live vicariously through Miranda and help staff her table. Stop by and see us.

2 comments:

  1. Uh oh. I never knew about this site. Now I'm in trouble. And of all things, I want to buy an apron. Yes, me, the girl who can't cook. I figure I need to look cute when the fire truck gets there! ;-)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...