Yesterday was Abner's 10 month birthday. To celebrate the occasion, I bring you...
Abner's Top Ten things to do at Ten Months Old List
10. Music. Sadly, music class came to an end last week, so now she's stuck listening to mommy and daddy butcher her favorite tunes. Her favorite is still One Little Owl. It's actually a rather depressing song sung in a minor key. There's only one verse, but we've made up about a dozen more on our own. TDSH and I actually call it the magic song because no matter how upset Abner is, as soon as she hears it she stops crying
9. Playing with our plastic whisk. She's tested out a number of other kitchen utensils, but always comes back to her favorite plastic whisk. This seems so much safer than the metal cheese grater my parents gave me to play with (don't try to deny it Mom and Dad...there are pictures to prove it).
8. Pulling on cords. Abner spends a good chunk of her day going after computer, electrical, cable and curtain cords...or rather, TDSH and I spend a good chunk of our day trying to stop her from going after computer, electrical, cable and curtain cords.
7. Spitting food. Always a good way to end every meal. The carpet appreciates it, I'm sure.
6. Having "conversations" with mommy and daddy.
and on, and on, and on...
5. Pulling hair. This is a fun little trick Abner picked up a while ago. There's nothing like waking up each morning to a few yanks on the hair. She has enough hair that I am tempted to (gently) pull hers back, but that would just be sinking to her level.
3. Getting wrapped up in the duvet. We call this game Abner In A Blanket. It is so cute. Imagine a big bundle of quilt wrapped around little Abner with just her face poking out and giggling with glee. My hear melts.
2. Peek-a-boo. Abner is up for a game of peek-a-boo anytime -- anywhere -- with anyone. Early games of peek-a-boo always included a blanket to hide behind, but now hands, pillows, or even closed eyes work just fine. The funniest part is that she gets too excited closing her eyes, so she tries to open them just a bit to have a peek before we say, "Where's Abner?"
1. Swings! Abner just went on the swings for the first time yesterday - to say she loved it might be a bit of an understatement. I would have put her on sooner, but wanted TDSH to be there too, so I patiently waited for schedules and weather to come together for the perfect swinging opportunity. I had been planning to do the same thing with the slide, but TDSH decided to take her down her first slide without me a few weeks ago. Boo TDSH.