Well, the little girl put two and two together and now sits down on her bum whenever I say, "On your bum."
It's so adorable. She'll be playing at the coffee table and just for fun I'll say, "On your bum" and she'll actually sit herself down without a moment's pause. I get a little thrill at the sheer genius of my little girl.
Her latest skill is to "touch mommy's nose" on command. Why I felt this would be a useful skill for her to master, I don't know, but it's pretty cute.
In other Abner news...
- she's mastered the art of pulling herself up to standing and will now entertain herself for 10 whole minutes(!) at a time pulling up to the coffee table and walking around and around.
- she's working on her second tooth...this time an upper front tooth that is taking its sweet time to break through. She loves sucking in her lips and feeling her new teeth.
- one of her favorite activities is to have conversations with mommy and daddy. We can send a volley of "ahhs" back and forth for 15 minutes at a time.
- her preferred crawling technique seems to be on her belly. Most babies progress beyond this to what's known as cross-crawling (i.e. up on all fours), but Abner likes to scoot on her tum tum even though she's plenty strong enough to crawl on her knees. She even manages to crawl up onto low furniture now.
- she's eating like a champ these days. Her favorites are toast and carrot sticks and anything mixed with cereal..seriously, you could mix Limburger cheese with cereal and I bet she'd eat it.
- oh yeah...and she's started drinking...