Tuesday 4 January 2011

Birthday pillowcases for the anniversary quilt

A couple of weeks ago my mom turned sixty-mindyourownbusiness, so I took the opportunity to make up some pillowcases to match the anniversary quilt I made for my parents this summer. I knew they were something she wanted, so it wasn't a huge surprise for her.



The pillowcases themselves certainly weren't hard to make, but did take an astounding amount of fabric. Actually, getting the fabric was the hardest part of the whole project. Knowing that several months had passed, I wasn't optimistic about finding all ten of the fabrics I'd used on the quilt. For the past few months, every time I went to Fabricana, I'd keep my eyes open for the various fabrics I'd used in the quilt. In the end, I managed to get my hands on six of the fabrics, plus the same extra-wide fabric I'd used on the quilt backing.
The end result is lovely, don't you think?



By the way, this is actually how my parent's bedroom looks most of the time...seriously. I didn't stage this at all. It really does look like a showroom ready for a photo shoot. Yeah, it's hard to believe we're related sometimes.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...