Saturday 29 December 2012

One last custom quilt

I do hope you're all enjoying the holiday season. We're having a great time here on the West Coast. With the Christmas season, family visits, and getting ready for our upcoming move, there hasn't been a lot of time for sewing lately. In fact, I got my last custom order shipped off just in time for Christmas. I'm thrilled with how it turned out and it looks so nice in its new home!


At 91" x 91", it's the largest quilt I've ever made - and with 151 hand-stitched circles, it certainly took longer than any other quilt I've ever made!


The fabrics were all purchased at Spool of Thread here in Vancouver. Man, I`m going to miss that shop once we leave.



Once the holidays are over, we`ll be in the home stretch before the move, so I don`t expect to be posting here too often. So much to do! Thankfully our NZ visas arrived yesterday and we confirmed the dates for the movers to come so the biggest hurdles are now behind us. Time to tackle the last few things on the to-do list and then we`re good to go! I`ll be back to blogging and running Milkybeer Handmade in a few months - see you then!

2 comments:

  1. I love the quilt you made. The colors are great. I have plans to one day make a circle quilt like the back of yours.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! It's one of my favourites, too! Send me pics when you make your circle quilt - I'd love to see how it turns out.

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...