Tuesday 24 January 2012

Looking back at quilts

Last week I met up with a fellow quilter in town (Hi Stephanie!) and really enjoyed taking a look back at the quilts she's made over the past few years. I don't have nearly as many to look back at, but it did prompt me to dig up this little number from back in 2008.


This was the quilt I made for my nephew soon after he was born. No hand-quilting of any kind and sort of puffy. My, my...how far I've come. What I still really like about this one is the simplicity of the patchwork and the classic blues - perfect for a wee little boy.

Seeing this quilt again also reminded me that I never did make one when a second nephew joined the family a few years later. Whoops! Guess I better add that project to the list!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...