Tuesday 21 April 2009

Back at work: Yes and No

Yes...
I am back at work now.
It is exhausting (I have to do this for the rest of my life?!?!? Really?).
Abner still cries every morning at daycare (every morning people!).

No...
Returning to work is not as bad as I was expecting.
I do not have time to do everything I want in a day (though I really try most days).
I have not cried yet (but I reserve the right to cry at any moment).

The work thing has been going better than I ever hoped, but it doesn't leave much time for fun when you are up at 6:30 to clean self, feed self, make lunches, pretty self up, dress child, feed child and dress self to be out the door before 8:00. Work all day. Back at daycare by 4:30 before heading home to make dinner, do dishes, sort laundry, write grocery list, play with child, bathe child, feed child, feed self and husband and put child to bed before 7:00. Thankfully, my commute is extremely short and TDSH and I managed to divide up our various duties remarkably evenly (how the hell do single parents do it?).

So if you haven't heard from me in a while...that's why.

For no particular reason other than they are damn cute photos, here are some adorable shots of Abner this week:

4 comments:

  1. Yep that routine sounds familiar...welcome to the work/kid balancing act! And I wonder why my to-do list around the house is longer than 99 B-line bus.

    Sure makes your Friday nights quiet tho :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh and in the vain of the Abner photos above...

    http://picasaweb.google.com/lh/photo/EINKKqhCULZul4VmbbxR5Q?authkey=Gv1sRgCKigo-eoiIr7iAE&feat=directlink

    ReplyDelete
  3. lol..that is quite the description of your day!!! It's lucky you are young@:)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh god that brings back memories. It does get better and thank goodness for your short commute.

    plus the prettying up couldn't possibly take *that* long. :)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...