So, the other day I spotted a fun little game on one of the blogs I follow. Smoothpebble had written a list of ten things she loved that start with the letter N. Why the letter N you ask? Because another blogger told her to; that's why. At the bottom of her post, she invited anyone who wanted to participate in the game and write their own list to submit a comment and she'd send them a letter. Well, it sounded like a fun thing to do so I posted my comment and patiently waited to receive my letter.
Would I get a nice and easy letter like T or A or S? Perhaps she would challenge me with the dreaded X or Z? When her message finally arrived, I excitedly clicked it open to see that she gave me the letter G. Hmmmm...not as easy as T, A or S, but not nearly as tricky as X or Z.
Without further ado, and in no particular order, here is my list of ten things I love that start with the letter G.
- Grandparents. Sadly, none of my own grandparents are living, but I think very highly of Abner's.
- Getting things on sale. In preparation for going back to work next month, I bought an entire new wardrobe last week and came in under budget thanks to The Gap/Banana Republic/Old Navy's Friends and Family coupon. Yay me!
- My homemade granola. I made a batch up a couple of weeks ago and it only lasted three days. [Note to self: do not leave container of granola next to the computer - unable to resist snacking temptation] I really need to sit down and add that recipe on Milkybeer Cooks.
- Giggles from Abner. I really must get a recording of her adorable little giggles. Some days she treats us to gales of laughter, and other days all we get is a smile.
- Good Eats. If you haven't watched Alton Brown's show on the Food Network - you should. I've learned so much and he is damn entertaining.
- Grandma Rand's overnight bun recipe. I have previously blogged about these delicious (and surprisingly easy to make) buns, so I will refer you back to that post. If you want to take a crack at making your own buns, the recipe is posted over at Milkybeer Cooks.
- Gnomes. Specifically, the ones found here at my friend Miranda's Etsy shop. Image shamefully stolen from Miranda.
- Going back to work. Wait! What?!?! How'd that get there? Definitely does not belong on this list.
Going back to work. There. That's better.
- Getting gussied up. I was never particularly fond of getting dressed up before I had Abner; but now I have a new-found appreciation for doing my hair, putting on make up, wearing heels and nice clothes (that didn't come off the floor from two days before).
- The great outdoors. Not enough of this one happening lately. Stinkin' rain. This shot is from a hike we did with Dan and Kerith near Mt. Slesse back in 2006.
- A good night's sleep. Not enough of that one happening lately either. Sigh.
Other possible titles considered for today's post:
"Today's post is brought to you by the letter G"