Saturday 4 October 2008

Abner and I are famous

The rain has arrived so that means Abner and I have had to find fun things to do indoors these days. For me, fun things indoors usually involves shopping and today was no exception. After a rousing half hour of stories and music at the library, we headed off to Coquitlam to kill a few hours at IKEA and Baby's World (Miranda and Jamie...that's your cue: "Baby's World. Party time. Excellent.")

Anyhow, IKEA was a blast (as usual). We picked up a little wooden toy (see image below), plush soccer ball and a bunch of plastic dishes for Abner and some boxes to make my meals in the mail packages, new oven mitts (long overdue), and a new set of shopping bags for me. Since we were in no rush, we (and by we, I mean I) had a leisurely lunch of Swedish meatballs and mac 'n cheese. Yum.
Then it was off to Baby's World which is where Abner got her big break! A film crew from the W channel's Smart Cookies program was filming some footage of moms shopping for baby stuff for an upcoming episode of the show (well, really...what else could they be filming on a Friday afternoon at Baby's World). They asked me and Abner to be in it! They followed us around the store for about five minutes. I have no idea when the episode is airing, but it was pretty cool. Abner was less impressed - she fell asleep.

1 comment:

  1. Can I get your autographs? :-) I can't wait to watch you shopping on TV!

    Nothing beats those meatballs at IKEA - I love them.

    PS - Jamie will sing, I'll play the air guitar. Party time, excellent...

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...