Monday 22 July 2013

A reversible skirt to call my own



I finished up the first of my adult-sized reversible skirts last night and am loving the finished result...so much so that I *may* have already bought enough fabric to make two more! I start a new job next week and I think this is going to be my new work uniform - comfiest clothes EVER! I'm still wracking my brains trying to think of a way to add pockets to this pattern without the result being a bulky mess. With pockets, this skirt would be perfection in my books!

The design is basically the same as Abner's original from a few weeks ago. The only difference is an extra row of elastic in mine and obviously, I had to make mine much wider, so I needed more fabric than just the selvage-to-selvage piece on Abner's.


The fabrics are both Repro Depot prints I found at Spotlight (think Michael's combined with Fabricland for all you Canadian readers). I used a solid orange to finish the hem. I love how it pops so brightly! My aim is to get two more sewn up this week. Think I can do it?



No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...