Tuesday 27 March 2012

Oliver + S Lazy Days Skirt

We had a birthday to go to over the weekend for one of Abner's little friends. While I don't always succeed, I do try to make handmade gifts whenever possible. Nowadays, I think people are regaining an appreciation for handmade items and it makes me feel good to make gifts with a specific person in mind.

With the discovery of Oliver + S's free Lazy Day Skirt pattern, I now have a new go-to little girl gift that I can whip up in short order. The pattern is so super duper easy, I actually made up two skirts in a little over an hour (would have been less if my machine hadn't been acting up!).With the beautiful spring weather we were having over the last while, twirly little skirts seemed like a good idea...then it snowed the morning of the party. Sigh.


Cold weather or not, Abner was happy to put her skirt on this morning so that I could snap a few pictures.


This is the skirt that went to the birthday girl.


The fabrics were both purchased at a Boxing Day sale in Moose Jaw late last year. The trim was bought years ago at Dress Sew in Vancouver. I can't believe it took me this long to find a project suitable to use them on!

1 comment:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...