Saturday 23 January 2010

Crafting with strangers

Last night I attended a rather unusual event: the Museum of Vancouver's "Night of Social Crafting". Not sure what a "Night of Social Crafting" might look like? Imagine two large rooms filled with all sorts of crafty things and more crafty people than you can shake a stick at! Knitting at one station, screen printing, watercolours, collaging and sketching at the others - it was a crafter's dream.

My guess is that the turn out was better than the organizers were expecting because, even though Miranda and I were there fairly early, some of the supplies were running a bit low. I did manage to get my hands on a wooden block and try my hand a collaging (something I haven't done since high school). Please excuse the terrible photo...it really doesn't do justice to my little piece of art.

Such a fun night! I hope to do it again sometime!

1 comment:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...