Friday 5 July 2013

The one with the finished quilts










We finally had some nice light to photograph the quilts I finished up for last weekend's market. These three were all cranked out in the span of just four weeks leading up to the market. Not bad when you consider they are all quilted by hand and each one takes hours upon hours to complete. By the end, I had completely worn a hole in my middle finger where I push the needle through. My other fingers are completely calloused. Wouldn't have it any other way.

Sadly, none of these sold at the market, so I will be listing them in the shop later this month. I'm just sorting out postal costs before loading up the shop. It's a little disheartening to see how expensive international shipping is here - worse than Canada. The shipping costs on some of my smaller items is more than the item itself. The good news is that shipping within New Zealand appears to be far more reasonable. Hopefully Kiwis like what I have to sell!

2 comments:

  1. These are all beautiful - I particularly like the blue one and the balloon girl. I would buy them all if you were in Saskatchewan - why don't you come back? :)

    Sharon

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw, thanks, Sharon! I love how the Children at Play quilt turned out too. Perhaps I'll bring a suitcase of quilts along if we ever visit the Prairies again!

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...