Saturday 20 April 2013

Work in progress: Scrappy quilt

I had no intention of making a quilt the other day. All I meant to do was tidy up some scraps I had kicking around. A little pressing. A little snipping. That's all. Honest.

Well, one thing led to another and suddenly, I had over 600 perfectly cut squares and rectangles on my floor all perfectly sorted by colour.


Okay, okay. There was probably a little more planning involved than I'm letting on. Look, I even did some fussy cutting and I NEVER do fussy cutting because it's...well...fussy.

 
 

I've actually stitched the entire quilt top already, but you'll have to wait a while to see how it all came together.

4 comments:

  1. Love this!! I think I need to do the same :)
    I think I might see some familiar scraps in there?! Yay! So glad!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes! It was poking my nose into that bag you sent me that started this whole thing! About 90% of them went into this one quilt. So much awesomeness in one little bag.

      Delete
  2. looks wonderful so far...i love randon order@;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have those Heather Ross pink bicycles! Mmmmm, brushed cotton. Can't wait to see your quilt!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...