Saturday 26 May 2012

Just for me - a new skirt!


It has been nearly two years since I last sewed up something for myself. Thankfully this new skirt didn't take me quite as long as that last project. [Four years was a bit much for a coat - don't you think?] This cute little skirt only took an hour and didn't require a pattern - my kind of sewing! The skirt and sash are completely separate and make for one comfy skirt! Personally, I love the ruffle detail at the back. It turned out so cute!
I'm hoping to wear it to the Cathedral Arts Festival street fair tomorrow, but the weather is looking a bit dodgy. With tights and boots perhaps?


Would anyone be interested in sewing a similar skirt for themselves? I could do a tutorial if anyone is interested. Let me know in the comments!

6 comments:

  1. I LOVE it!! Especially the tummy-flattening feature on the front! Sign me up for a Vancouver tutorial!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very pretty! And, yes, I am definitely interested in a tutorial but I would opt for an online tutorial.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Glad you guys like it! Just to clarify, I simply meant an online post with directions on how to make your own! Hope that works for everyone.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Definitely would LOVE a tutorial!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yes I too would love a tutorial! Too bad I couldn't make one in time for tomorrow. We could have been twins! (check your emails later re. Tomorrow)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Have you actually pleated it in the front or is that the effect from the sash tightening? I dig the fabrics you used, very summery!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...