Friday 23 July 2010

Treasure in the bag (and a winner!)

Let's get the fun part out of the way first. Not to imply that the rest of the post isn't fun. Please don't let that comment dissuade you from reading through to the end...;-). Anyhow, as I was about to say, I used a random number generator to choose the winner and the lucky lady is: comment 5, otherwise known as Cynthia!


Congratulations Cynthia!

Now, onto the rest of this special, bag-related edition of Milkybeer....

I don't know how I managed to overlook it, but I neglected to write a post about my project from last month's (or was it May's?) crafternoon! I alluded to it in two separate posts, and even had all the images uploaded, resized and ready to go, but somehow, I never actually wrote the post!

Without further ado, I give you my crafternoon project: a treasure bag for Abner (and one for cousin Maryn too)!


The inspiration is the Treasure Bag project in Amanda Blake Soule's Handmade Home. It was stunningly easy to do and couldn't look any cuter in my opinion.


The main body of the bag is salvaged window screen and the other materials are scraps I had kicking around from other projects.


Abner is still relatively obsessed with collecting things whenever we go out, so this bag tends to see a lot of action. At the moment there are rocks, shells, dead flowers, a crab shell, feather and several sticks in it.


I can't tell you how handy it is to be able to just shake it around a bit and get all the dirt off before it comes in the house!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...