Saturday 10 July 2010

Daddy's day

Tomorrow is my dad's birthday...Happy birthday dad!

This morning as I thought about my dad's big day, it dawned on me that I never shared my Father's Day project with you all last month! In my defense, June was a crazy busy month. Please don't hold it against me. I'm pretty amazed I was even able to do a Father's Day project this year.

Without further ado, here's what I made for The Dear Sweet Husband for his third(!) Father's Day.


The idea certainly wasn't my own. I have Sharilyn, over at Lovely Design, to thank for developing the design (and for being prepared a few days ahead of the game giving me enough time to whip it up at the last minute).

What I love about this project is that it's a great use for the stack of artwork Abner's brought home from daycare over the last few months. She's so proud of all of the pieces, but I have to be honest, I don't really know what to do with 60 or so pages of scribbles and paint smears. Now I feel less guilty about recycling the rest of the artwork pile since I was able to pick out five of her brightly coloured pieces and integrate them into the design. It's like we worked on the piece together without actually working together.

3 comments:

  1. Looks great! I saw this project on Lovely Design and thought it was a great way to use kids' artwork.

    ReplyDelete
  2. love this - it is such a good idea. i saw it on LD too but didn't get around to putting two and two together. ;-) will tuck this great idea under my hat for next father's day.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Glad you guys like it! Now...if I could only get around to hanging it on the wall!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...