Monday 31 May 2010

My new venture: Baby Meets Trail

It hasn't been the best kept secret, so you may already be aware that I've been working on yet another blog...I've been cheating on my first two blogs you might say. It's taken ages to pull together, but I finally launched Baby Meets Trail this weekend.


For now the content is mostly based on my Urban Baby and Toddler column (new issue on newsstands now!). I did manage to fit in a few additional walks so it's not just a repeat of the magazine. The blog does have a few features you won't find in the magazine: more pictures, links to relevant sites, and maps of each route!

I'm hoping it becomes a bit of a community place where Lower Mainland moms and dads can pop by on occasion to help pick out an outing for the weekend and perhaps leave a comment after completing one of the walks. Down the road I plan to set up Flickr groups so people can post pictures of their Baby Meets Trail walks and I'll also be adding some icons to highlight some of the key information a bit more readily.

I've tagged each post based on its location, type of stroller needed, terrain and whether there are washrooms and change tables or not so it's easy for readers to find exactly the type of walk their looking for. These first seven walks are all pretty easy ones, but I'll definitely be adding more extreme stroller walks down the road. Perhaps a little something like this one on Bowen Island...




Please take a moment to pop on over and check it out...feel free to follow and pass it along to your friends. I hope you enjoy the new blog. Now go hit the trails!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...