Thursday 25 March 2010

Best new park

While out on a walk recently we discovered an absolutely amazing gem in the middle of our little (biggish?) city: the brand new Central Park playground.
Our visit started like most others...slow and interrupted by many a squirrel. We saw so many, in fact, that after seeing about 20 squirrels, Abner even started pointing to small dogs saying, "Squirrel!"

Certainly this is a playground worthy of review on Swings and Roundabouts! I wish I'd taken a good overview shot that portrayed the amazing awesomeness of this brand new playground.




They had fantastic new equipment, the likes of which I'd never seen before. Who designs a roller-bar slide?!?! Seriously, how awesome is that. I tood a slide down it myself and have to admit, that the sensation is 'unique'.


There were lots of small sculptures for the kids to approach and have little conversations with.


Abner particularly enjoyed the frog and snail she found.


Even the seating was well thought out! I couldn't help but think of Goldilocks and the Three Bears when I saw these chairs. Big or little, there was one that was a perfect fit!

5 comments:

  1. Wow! I love it. Where in Central Park is it? (I always enter off Imperial, by the Putt Putt course. Weird, I know, but there you go) My kids will go nuts!

    ReplyDelete
  2. roller slides? awesone!! looks like a great park!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yeah I've walked by it a few times during lunch hours, etc...looks pretty good. Maybe a good spot for a summer meetup when you have a flex day and Abby and Michelle can get the kids over for lunch in Burnaby.

    ReplyDelete
  4. BTW, the park is at the northwest corner, near the entrance to Swanguard (off Kingsway)...

    Trevor (Kim's brother, who works in the area).

    ReplyDelete
  5. ^Clara, we enter at the same spot usually. The walk to the playground is probably about 15 adult minutes and maybe 30 with kids.

    ^Miranda, that rolly slide is as fun as you think.

    ^Dolfin, thanks for posting the directions...I would have just said behind Swanguard.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...