Thursday 26 March 2009

All quiet on the blogging front

You may have noticed a lack of new posts to this here blog lately. I've been busy trying to soak up my last few weeks at home with Abner. Actually, I'm down to my last few days - she starts daycare in a week and I am back to work in three. [gulp] Needless to say, we've been hanging out together as much as possible.

It just seems like she's growing so fast. She's mastered the art of finger walking (much to my back's chagrin) and loves to toddle and crawl around our building's lobby. Yesterday she spent half an hour (!) cruisin' around on the tile floor, licking the windows, playing on the entry mat, and her favorite activity...trying to reach in the slot where everyone recycles their junk mail. I swear, if that slot were any bigger, she'd have fallen right in several times already (just like she's already done in her toy basket).

Having only three weeks left of mat leave has prompted me to get moving on my TO DO WHILE ON MAT LEAVE list. (Better late than never - right?) Today's challenge was getting passport photos done. Abner did just fine and sat there mouth closed, eyes open, staring straight ahead just like she was supposed to, but the photog kept taking so long to take each shot. Seriously...Abner'd be sitting perfectly for 10 seconds at a time, but she'd move just as the photo was being taken every single time. We wound up getting a photo with Abner's mouth open and my arm in the shot. I have my doubts that it will be accepted, but the ladies at London Drugs assured me that since Abner didn't look like she had "terrorist tendencies" it would probably be okay.

I have really grand plans for the days that Abner is at daycare before I go back to work. In addition to getting my hair cut for the first time since mid-December, and shaving my legs for the first time since, well, since I can't remember that far back, I am getting started on the launch of my very own Etsy shop: OneLittleOwl.

I've been thinking of doing this for a long time now, but got a final burst of inspiration last weekend when I joined my friend Miranda at her first craft sale. I just went along so that she'd have someone to watch the booth when she needed to go to the washroom, but wound up signing up for my own Etsy account and sketching crafty ideas until the wee hours of the morning after the sale.

What I will actually sell in the end is still a mystery, but I am relishing the process of putting pencil to paper, surfing the net for ideas and sourcing out supplies. I'm joining some friends for a Crafternoon this weekend, so I hope to have a few samples to post soon...and perhaps a few items ready to send of to my giveaway winners too!

1 comment:

  1. Look forward to seeing your funky creations in your Etsy shop. Enjoy your time with Lil' Abner. Hopefully the girls can get together soon!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...